Monday, May 27, 2019

Johnnyswim

One of my favorite bands, Johnnyswim, came to town and I convinced Tessa to come with me even though she didn't even know who they were. We had dinner beforehand at Bru Burger then went to the show in the Egyptian Room at Old National Center.


Johnnyswim is a husband and wife duo and I love them and their music. So many of their songs are love songs but they're more long-term love songs, rather than that initial excitement of falling in love. Like the kind of love that comes from years of being together and going through all the good and the bad and coming out stronger. I think that's one of the things I love about their music - it fits my stage of life, where I feel like my love for Brandon grows stronger the harder we work on it. Cheesy, but it's true. :)



At one point in the show, they came out in the audience to perform a few songs. Tessa had the genius idea to start moving way over to the side of the stage where they had come out, rather than pushing in to see them in the crowd like everyone else was doing. We were able to get right up in the front on the far side so we saw them as they came back through to go back up to the stage and had a better viewpoint for the last few songs. To be honest, the main reason we wanted to get a closer look was to see what kind of shoes Amanda (the female half of the duo) was wearing with her super cute dress that we both loved.



Between following both Abner and Amanda (the duo) on Instagram and seeing the show, I now feel like we're best friends, so it was a great night spent with my best friends and my sister.


No comments:

Post a Comment