Monday, May 27, 2019

Flowers and Family

I love watching Brandon be a dad. Jackson loves him so much and is sometimes VERY affectionate, meaning he just wants to be on his lap or on his back or be close to him in whatever way he can. Brandon is great about letting it happen and it warms my heart to see how loving and attentive he is.


I went down to visit my grandma one day after work and she'd just gotten these beautiful flowers from my cousin, so we had a little photo shoot. She's such an inspiration to me.


After years of wishing, I finally bought myself a year-round wreath for our front door and I'm obsessed. My Christmas wreath is hands-downs my favorite Christmas decoration and now this wreath I think has taken the title of favorite decoration for the rest of the year.


On Mother's Day, we had dinner at my parents' house with Tessa and her kids and Dominika and her kids. I didn't get any pictures that day, other than this picture of the lemon poppyseed cake I made which was delicious. I made an angel food cake with fresh strawberries, too, and they were both fabulous.


For Mothers Day, Brandon brought me these beautiful hydrangeas, which I'm loving because they last way longer than a bouquet of flowers. It's easy to feel invisible on Mothers Day, especially since I'd really like to be a mother but biology is not working for me right now, and the one child I do have the opportunity to mother REALLY loves his biological mom so he doesn't have much love or affection left over for me. I'm grateful, though, to have a husband who sees me and loves me on Mother's Day and every day of the year. <3

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad Brandon takes such good care of you. I've been praying for you every night for a really long time. And my track record for praying other people pregnant is miraculously high...ha ha, but for real, though. Sure love you. *Hugs* (VoNique)

    ReplyDelete