Sunday, April 1, 2018

Thomas and Madison's Wedding - July 20, 2017

In July, I made a quick trip to Utah for Thomas and Madison's wedding. Brandon wasn't able to get time off work, so I had to go alone. Fortunately, it was four days full of quality time with my favorite people, so I had a great time!

The day I flew in, Madison went through the temple for the first time. My flight was very early in the morning and we're two hours ahead of Utah, so sitting through that temple session that evening was rough already THEN we went to dinner with her family afterwards. Needless to say, I slept well that night.

Emerson celebrated her 13th birthday the day before the wedding, so she got to come with Tessa as a birthday gift. We met VeNicia, VoNique, Dominika, and JaNel for birthday lunch, then some shopping at Gardner Village. Then Tessa, Emerson, and I visited The Chocolate for even more birthday treats.


That evening, we had a casual rehearsal dinner up the canyon with Madison's family and all the Shoafs that were in town.



July 20th was a sunny, very hot, very happy day. Thomas and Madison were married in the Provo City Center temple on a Thursday afternoon. It was a lovely ceremony for a wonderful couple. We couldn't have asked for a better addition to our family - Thomas did very well!


My grandma came out with my parents, and her three sisters that live in Utah came to the wedding. They were so cute together. All her siblings live outside of Indiana, so I never got to know any of them. It was so fun to see how similar they are.


Melissa came up for the wedding, too, to see Grandma. She was my +1 since Brandon wasn't able to make it. There's never enough time to catch up with her!




 I love these people!


The reception was that evening at White Willow Reception Center in Provo. We had dinner with family, then others joined us for an ice cream bar, dancing, and a sparkler send-off. It was a beautiful evening!




No comments:

Post a Comment