Sunday, August 20, 2017

August 2017

You know how some people say they could never work with their spouse because they'd get sick of them or drive each other crazy? Yeah, I don't get that. I absolutely LOVED working with Brandon, although that was really all we'd ever known, since we met at work. It was really fun to start last school year together - going to school meetings and trainings together. And he was incredibly helpful in helping me move and set up my new office!


We had a lost a lot of fun staff from the previous year, but we also gained lots of fun people!


My uncle Julius hosted a family reunion for our huge Shoaf clan. All the original 13 kids were there, plus dozens of spouses, grandkids, and great-grandkids!


My friend Angela and her husband lived in Muncie last summer while he was doing summer sales. Between weddings and vacations, we didn't manage to get together until right before they left to go back to Utah. We ordered cookies from Insomnia cookies - hot and fresh delivery! - and chatted for hours. I love Angela and loved getting to know her baby girl Lyla.


Brandon and I hit up Military Day at the Indiana State Fair to see about some elephant ears. We walked around a bit and checks out some exhibits, then got right down to the food. I don't even remember what we ate, other than that elephant ear. That's alright, though, since that's really all we came for. I love Indiana in the summertime!



No comments:

Post a Comment