Sunday, August 20, 2017

End of Summer

We were incredibly blessed and received a lot of gifts, gift cards, and money for our wedding that allowed us to get our home set up very comfortably. It took a while, but we were finally able to pull the living room together. I wanted to use the same colors we'd used for our wedding, so we could incorporate some of the decorations from the wedding. A lot of sweat, tears, and swear words later - I was really happy with how it all turned out!



Not long after, our air conditioning went out so we were sweating to death in our apartment over the weekend. Fortunately, it was an unseasonably cool weekend and we were able to open up all the doors and windows so it wasn't too bad.


I mentioned to Brandon one day about a Cirque du Soleil show that was coming to town and how much I loved the shows I'd seen in the past. So...he bought tickets! We had a great rainy date night watching "Toruk" by Cirque du Soleil.



Earlier in the summer, Brandon's step-grandpa passed away, so his mom and stepdad held a really nice memorial service for him. It was nice to spend time with Brandon's family and meet some of his extended family for the first time.


Groupon date night - preseason football. Our seats were incredibly high and there weren't too many great players on the field, but it was fun to be there. And the peewee football vs. team mascots halftime show was seriously hilarious.






Have I mentioned how beautiful summertime in Indiana is? We took Jackson to Holliday Park one night with a little picnic and had a great time playing by the river. That little boy loves throwing things into water - seriously, he'll stop at a sewage drain and throw rocks and sticks into it - so he and Brandon had fun throwing rocks.



On Labor Day, we spent time at home before heading down to my grandma's to spend time with her and other members of my family. Brandon helped her with something in her cellar, which was fun for me - I don't think I've seen the inside of the cellar since I was a little kid!



No comments:

Post a Comment