Sunday, July 9, 2017

Summer 2016

After three months of planning a wedding, followed by our wedding, a brother's wedding, and a two-week trip across the country, we were ready to slow down for a while! We were also happy to be home and spending some time with Jackson while we all adjusted to our new life together.




 Jackson and I visited the library, where he comfortably watched some kids play on a soundstage. :)


We celebrated the 4th of July with Brandon's family and lit fireworks in the street. 


Brandon and I found our fishing groove - he fishes and I read... and then take pictures of him with the fish he catches.


The missionaries in our ward - Elders Boutoille and Tyler visited every week to teach Brandon the new convert lessons. We became close to them and celebrated Elder Tyler's birthday together.


Camping in the living room


Little by little, we got the house put together and decorated. We were very blessed by the generosity of those who gave us gifts and gift cards and money for our wedding and were able to cover all of our needs and most of wants!




We checked out a drive-in movie.


Jackson and I had a couple play dates, including a Children's Museum play date with my friend Chrissi Harris and her boys.





Brandon and I planned weekly date nights, and one week his idea was the go camping at Monroe Lake. I consented because I was in love and wanted to do anything with him, even though it was disgustingly hot outside. We spent time in the water, though, and enjoyed our shady site. When we were packing up, though, I had to tap out and sit in the car for a while cooling off while he finished packing up the tent. :)

1 comment: