Sunday, June 14, 2015

Last Day at the Temple

I've said it before, but working on the Indianapolis temple has been a huge blessing and miracle in my life. Temporally speaking, it came during a time when I needed some extra money without the restriction of a typical job schedule. Glen, my boss, was very flexible and allowed me to work as little or as much as I could. When I started, I think I was the first woman on the job site (there might have been one other there before me), so it wasn't always comfortable, but Glen and the other guys on his crew always made me feel welcome and valued. During my time there, I met great people and strengthened previous relationships. My understanding of and appreciation for the temple was deepened. 

More than anything else, it was a treasured opportunity to work with my brother on such a special project - something that he was so proud of. Sharing it with him was an honor and a joy. Before we wrapped up, my dad came up to help for a couple of days so I was able to work with both of them in the temple, which was fabulous. The ordinances we do in the temple bind families together for eternity and because of the covenants my parents made in a similar temple almost forty years ago, our family will be together forever and I'm so grateful.

The temple is absolutely gorgeous. The woodwork and detail inside is stunning and the architecture of the outside is majestic. I drove by yesterday and the landscaping is mostly in now. It's a gorgeous site. The last day I was there was bittersweet. On the one hand, I'm thrilled that we're now only about two months from the dedication - we'll actually get to use the temple! On the other hand, working on it has been a unique and wonderful experience and I'll miss that - I already do.


Throughout the seven months that I worked there, I periodically took pictures from the same side view to track the progress. I think it would have been more obvious from the front, but that's not where the parking lot is. :) It was so fun to see the evolution over time as it became the beautiful building it is now.


No comments:

Post a Comment