Sunday, June 14, 2015

IMSA Graduation

Not related to graduation: the night before, I went to Tessa's and she grilled salmon and zucchini and cooked up some good ol' Indiana sweet corn. So good. I love summer!

Related to graduation: a couple weekends ago was the high school graduation for Indiana Math and Science Academy. Normally, I wouldn't have gone because I barely knew most of these kids. I taught middle school and my first eighth graders are only juniors now - not quite to graduation yet. I went to this graduation, though, to see former teacher friends, specifically my friend Rebecca Forman who was in town from New York City. She and I met first for frozen yogurt then went to the graduation where we connected with Kelly Webber, Ann Klaus (who drove down from Chicago), Luke Lofland, and Amy Baker. It was fun to see them all again!

It was also fun to see a few of my former students - this is Alexandra Chacon who was one of my first eighth graders. She's now about to be a junior. Crazy! They're all looking so grown up.

After the graduation, Luke, Amy, and I went to dinner and caught up a bit, which was fun. I wish I could just take old friends with me to every new job!

No comments:

Post a Comment