Saturday, May 17, 2014

Indiana State Museum Field Trip

This week we took the middle school students to the Indiana State Museum. It's a fine museum, but it's mostly just things to read and look at and our kids aren't so good at the just-read-and-look-at-stuff thing. So what happens is they walk around, glance at things, then entertain themselves some other, usually disruptive, way. I just kept shaking my head and thinking to myself, "This is my nightmare." Only nine more days!

The seventh-grade class I was in charge of is a class of mostly really great kids. There are just a handful of them who are defiant and obnoxious, but in a big way. Unfortunately, it overshadows the good kids a lot of the time. So here are some pictures with the good kids. Maybe if I only have pictures of them, I'll forget all the other annoying things about being a middle school teacher. Because really, there are some great kids who make being a teacher a lot of fun. 






No comments:

Post a Comment