Saturday, May 17, 2014

Mother's Day 2014

Last weekend was Mother's Day. Fortunately for me, I have the best mom there is. She has always been completely supportive and encouraging, and her example of love and faith has inspired me throughout my entire life. I credit the faith and strength that I have to her example. I would not be who I am today without her example to follow.

We gathered after church for dinner. These little guys are too cute. 

Jacob was being grumpy so Isaac and Dominika went to cheer him up. I'm not sure if they were successful.

Missionaries are allowed to call home twice a year: Christmas and Mother's Day. We were all excited to hear and see Thomas (we were planning to Skype with him). We had quite a few technical difficulties so we mostly just face-timed with him on Tessa's phone, but we did manage to get him up on the TV screen for a few minutes so everyone could see him at the same time. We're all really proud of him and his effort. I know he's struggling, all missionaries do, but he's pushing through and we love him for it. He's just starting his third transfer there, which was the hardest transfer for me when I was a missionary, so I hope talking to the family gave him a push of comfort and motivation.

Cooper. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment