Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Some of you have asked me to re-post my Utah Bucket List along with the progress I've made on it. As you wish. (No, that was not a Princess Bride reference. I would never.)

1. Sundance Film Festival: Check.

2. Antelope Island. Not yet. I do have some good friends that live up there so maybe sometime when I come back to visit. It was just hard to find friends to go with me when it's not super close to my house, nor does it offer any super exciting activities, since camping and fishing (is that what you do there?) are not fun to me.

3. Salt Flats. Not yet. For the same reasons as Antelope Island. It's kinda far away and I don't even know what you do there except take pictures. Someday.

4. The Roof Restaurant. Not yet. Maybe never. This was actually planned then I changed my mind because it's so expensive and I heard it's not even that good of food.

5. Hike Mt. Timpanogos and go to Timpanogos Caves. Not yet. The snow hasn't completed melted on Mt. Timp yet, and I'm not about to bust out an ice pick to go hiking. I didn't realize you could go the Caves any time of year, and I realized that too late.

6. Hot Springs. Check.

7. Alpine coaster and slide at Park City. Not yet. I didn't know this was a seasonal thing and it doesn't open until the day that I leave Utah. Maybe if I ever come back in the summer, I'll hit that up.

8. Snowshoeing. Check.

Three out of eight? Meh. Not so great. But if I hadn't made this list, I probably wouldn't have gone snowshoeing or to the hot springs or to Sundance, so it did make me do a little more than I would normally! And I did enjoy all three of those activities and made some good friends while doing them. I guess this just means I'll have to come back.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you went to Sundance! As for hiking Mt. Timp and going to the Salt Flats, I've done (well attempted in the case of Mt. Timp) both and they were major fails. The Salt Flats look awesome in pictures but in real life it's just a lot of land that looks like sand. So I'm glad you chose Sundance, Snowshoeing, and Hot Springs to be the 3 you checked off. Isn't it weird to think you'll NOT be living in Utah anymore? I couldn't wait to get out, but now I have to admit that I miss it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanna go to Antelope Island. And no...it doesn't mean you have to come back, it means you can't leave yet!

    ReplyDelete