Thursday, May 17, 2012

As previously mentioned, I'm moving quite soon and I'm starting to feel nervous about not having done everything there ever was to do in Utah. It's a problem. I'm working on resolving it, though and my Utah Bucket List has helped. Unfortunately, (I'm ashamed to admit this) I'm not going to be able to complete my whole list. I know. It's embarrassing and I feel like a failure. Apparently, when putting together my list, I did not take into account that some things can only be done in the summer and I will, in fact, not be here in the summer. Shoot. I also did not take into account that getting people to do things with me would be hard. I thought everyone would be excited to accompany me to everywhere I wanted to go. I was wrong. So some things I will not have done because I didn't have anyone to go with me and I ran out of time. If you live in the Provo area and did not accompany me to any cool places, feel free to feel guilty for letting me down.


That being said, this past Saturday I accomplished #6: Hot Springs.


My friend Allie and her friend Shalene (who is also now my friend) and I went to Fifth Waters Hot Springs in Spanish Fork Canyon. We had to hike in, which I was expecting, but what I wasn't expecting was how beautiful the hike was. 


We had to hike in bathing suits, since the springs were at the end of the hike. I don't usually hike in such skimpy attire, don't worry.


Right? Impressively green for Utah.




I forgot to take pictures of us actually in the springs. Oops. But they were here at this waterfall. It really was the strangest thing because the water in the stream was freezing cold, typical of mountain water. But the water in the pools surrounding it was scalding hot. So we'd be sitting in a somewhat comfortable, warm spot and all of a sudden it would get super hot then super cold. It was a temperature adventure.

2 comments:

  1. Post request: I would like the breakdown of what you have left on your bucket list and which ones of them are just not feasible anymore. And, what day do you actually leave UT again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think "temperature adventure" is the catchiest phrase you have ever written. :) I will add it to my vocabulary. I too want to know what else is on your bucket list.

    ReplyDelete