Sunday, November 6, 2011

Things that have happened recently:

I went to General Conference. Jaime's mom hooked us up with tickets to the Relief Society broadcast the weekend before conference and then again for the afternoon session on Sunday. We had pretty decent seats and the speakers were fabulous. Sometimes I wonder if it's really worth the crowds to go the Salt Lake, when it would be much easier to just watch it at home. It's fun to go, though, and I feel like I should take advantage of the opportunity while I'm close.
While we were there, I ran into a friend who I had gone with a few times earlier this year, but I ended it because I just wasn't feeling it. When I saw him at conference, I was reminded at how wonderful he is and how much he likes me, which made me want to see him. I saw him, we went out again, it's still not there. Shoot.

My roommate Aubrey bought a king size bed for her room. She has a giant room which merited a giant bed. It's big enough to fit Hailey, Whitney, Angela, and Aubrey at the same time. And Jaime and I sat at the foot of it. That's six girls on one bed. Pretty incredible. Yep, I'm still in a twin bed.

Last night I had my last night with the missionaries in my district. Most of them leave early Tuesday morning, and the other two leave on Wednesday. I've only had three districts while at the MTC but this one has definitey been my favorite. We've had ups and downs, just like any group of missionaries, but they've been so much fun and I feel like I've been able to really be myself. I love them!

They are, left to right, Elder Vahai from Tonga, Elder Indriamiarina from Madagascar, Elder Kim from Korea, Elder Perea from Mexico, Elder Okada from Japan, and Sister Fetuli from Tonga. I know you're not supposed to play favorites, but Elder Okada is hands down my favorite. He's pretty happy all the time, he laughs freely, and he's pretty soft-spoken but really very funny if you take the time to listen to him.

I go to a Dating and Courtship class at Institute (not my choice, btw. I'm blaming it on Jaime.) and we talk a lot about dating and flirting. Then today in our Stake Conference there was also a lot of talk of dating and flirting. Our Stake President actually showed us in the Old Testament how to go about getting someone to date you and how you should act. Yep, they're pretty focused on helping us get married. I don't mind, though. Anyway, I feel like I should put a little more effort into flirting. So I invited a guy to watch the CES fireside with us tonight and I tried out some of the techniques. Somehow it all turned into a big joke and kind of blew up into my face. I'm pretty sure he has no idea I'm interested, and I just feel exhausted. Makes me want to never flirt again.

2 comments:

  1. Kaley--YOU needed to be told to flirt?? I recall you being a master-flirter :) If he didn't know you were interested, he probably does now! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have liked to have seen that one Kaley! Can you do a post about flirting because I'd really like to know more about flirting in the Old Testament.

    ReplyDelete