Friday, November 4, 2011

Ugh. I need to blog about Halloween but I haven't uploaded the pictures yet and that just takes too much effort. Not today.

In other news, on Monday my driver's side window in my car stopped working properly. The window itself is still intact; it just wouldn't roll up into the frame. So it'd roll up, up, up and out of the door, leaving about a centimeter of space between the glass and the door. Since I bought the car, the window hasn't gone all the way down but whatever. I can deal with that. This, however, creates a problem any time it's cold or precipitating, which happens to be this week. Awesome.

So I took it in to my trusty mechanic Ben who happens to be the husband of my good friend Chrissi. Check her out here. He told me it was the rubber strip that keeps it in line and it was broken. Replacement? 68 dollars. Seriously? For a strip of rubber? Ew. No choice, though - I can't be snowed on all winter.

So I took my car in last night and 16 minutes after I woke up this morning, I got a call from Ben. It's not the strip that's the problem. It's the...regulator...I think. Except it's about 50 dollars more than the other part. So with parts and labor, I shelled out 200 dollars for my stupid car window this morning. Not the best way to start my day.

I hate cars. One more reason I need to live in New York City: no car necessary.

Because it's apparently gratitude month, though, here's the good news: it now rolls all the way down. Translation: I can now reach the tube in the drive-up at the bank. For that, I'm grateful.

2 comments:

  1. Gaaaah I hate car repairs! Even though I don't have to pay for labor it is so irritating that some of the parts are so ridiculously expensive. And please tell me that I'm not the only one who is genuinely upset when car repairs are needed. Not just because it costs money, but if I spend thousands on a vehicle I think that it should work forever, with no problems. Am I right?

    ReplyDelete