Wednesday, March 23, 2011

visitors

I graduate four weeks from tomorrow. Although I am aware that many of those graduating the same day will be three years younger than I am, I still feel pretty excited about it.

There is one problem: I won't actually be done with school.

I'll be done with my required coursework this semester, but I've decided to a language certification program for Spanish which requires me to take two more Spanish classes. So, three days after I graduate, I'll go back to class for 6 more weeks. Have I mentioned that I hated the Spanish classes I previously took at BYU? Well, I did. Spring term is not looking very exciting for me.

BUT.

My mom is coming to my graduation! After some misunderstandings as to the date of the graduation (she booked her flight for the weekend after) and then a miraculous courtesy cancellation, she has a plane ticket to come out for 5 days in April! It'll be fun to have her here, and I'm really grateful to have a family that has always supported me in my education, even though it's taken me 7 years to get a bachelor's degree and I chose to do it 1600 miles away from them.

In other news, today my roommate Angela (I have roommates now! More about that later.) was able to correctly identify a Christina Aguilera song by only the first beat. I was flipping through songs and "Dirrty" came on and I skipped past it, but not until the first beat had played. Before the next song even started, I heard from the bathroom, "Dirrty", said in her best Redman voice. I was so impressed that I needed to share. I am so fortunate to be surrounded by such talented people.

2 comments:

  1. I know another incredibly awesome individual that took 7 years to get a bachelor's degree. His name is Tommy. Oh, and also me too. Anyway...uh... :)

    I agree. Angela is impressive. Kick Spanish's *a* and...I'm glad your mom is coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited for your mom to come! Maybe we can spend some quality time together. Angela.. you're amazing. Y... Kaley, te voy a hablar en espanol desde ahora y adelante para que pratiques bien :)... de nada!

    ReplyDelete