Sunday, March 27, 2011

love at home

I got new roommates!

At the beginning of this school year, I was living with three girls that I didn't know. They were fine girls, but they were a bit messy for my very clean taste. And we just weren't friends. So coming home was not exciting, or relaxing for that matter since messes stress me out. Our apartment wasn't cute and it was usually dirty and it just wasn't homey at all.

Those girls have all since moved out. I lived by myself for a couple of weeks which, I'm not going to lie, was pretty fabulous. But it definitely wasn't homey.

So a few weeks ago, I made a proposition to two of my very good friends who lived across the hall: just move in with me. Duh.

So they did! Two of my best girls, Aubrey and Angela, moved in a week ago and it has been so fun! Here we are in St. George last month. This picture even includes our honorary roommate Jaime. She's over all the time, anyway, so we just call the extra room in our apartment "Jaime's room." We even call it that when she's not here.


They're both clean, too, so our apartment is really pleasant to be in and they brought some fab decor with them. Now our house really is a home... And it's clean!

I wish I had before pictures so you could see how ugly the living room was before they came. That big green wall is where this beauty-of-a-mirror will go as soon as we find someone to help us put it up. Nevermind the nasty stained carpet. That we can do nothing about, unfortunately.





I bought those tulips last week to welcome my new roommates. I recently decided that tulips are one of my favorite flowers, and these particular ones are nothing short of amazing! They change almost every day from droopy to tall and straight. I swear they've even grown. They are quite active and also quite beautiful.

2 comments:

  1. I would agree. You're apt has come a long way. It looks great! I'm glad you feel at home. I just hope the next person that moves into "Jaime's room" feels welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for new roommates! I've never had a bad roommate experience, but I remember when I was a freshman in DT and there was a craaaaazy girl who imposed quiet hours on our floor. I think that if she were my roommate I would have had to smother her with a pillow. Not that I'm a violent person or anything, right?

    ReplyDelete