Sunday, March 27, 2011

reminder: i'm not pregnant

Last week my good friends from Indiana Andrea, Chrissi, Melissa, and I met for our monthly (except we missed last month....oops) dinner. This time our friend Hollie was in town from Indiana for the week so she came, too. She's having a baby girl next week so she was in town for a baby shower. It was also a little bit of a farewell, because Melissa's husband Thomas just accepted a job in Richfield, which is two hours south of Provo. They're moving in a couple of weeks. It will be sad to not have her around as frequently.



I love these girls. It's great to be able to sit with people that I feel like I've known all my life (some of which I actually have) and see the roads we've all taken.

It's always a little hard for me at first because they've all been married for several years and have children (or are at least pregnant), which is just a glaring reminder that I am not and I have not. But once I get past that, I genuinely love these girls and I'm really proud of who they are and the choices they've made. They're strong, faithful, fabulous women and I'm lucky to know them.

2 comments:

  1. Kaley, I love you so much! I know that it may be odd to have a group of friends in one stage of life and you are in another, but that isn't a bad thing! Please know that I definitely have times when I so envy where you are at right now. Your life is yours-- you can do what you want, when you want.... whereas I cannot. I know that you've probably been told this dozens of times, but enjoy your freedom while you have it! There will be a day when you can't just run out to the store when you want or go see a movie just because. Or someday you might have to pay off your husband's stupid student loans even though he never finished school. Ugh. Your money is yours, your time is yours, your life is yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this picture of you!

    ReplyDelete