Saturday, January 1, 2011

Keep Your Eye on the Grand 'Ol Flag

Confession: I don't know the words to "Auld Lang Syne." Not that surprising since most people don't. But I know the first line. It's "Should auld acquaintance be forgot." For some reason, though, every time I hear it in my head, that first line is followed by "keep your eye on the grand ol' flag." Those songs must sound similar because they are forever combined in my brain.

Happy New Year!

This year, I went up to my friend Erik Johnson's cabin near Kamas, UT where a bunch of us celebrated the New Year together! We watched a movie, played games, ate some delish food, and no one kissed. That I know of. Except the ones that are married, or practically married. But we had a lot of fun.

Except that the water was not working.

Which means the toilet was not working.

Great. But we made it through. It has definitely made me grateful for running water and a working toilet. Especially when there are 25 of you sharing one bathroom.


These are the ones that are practically married.


I'm sure at this point, Derrick was talking about some kind of nonsense. Not whales, though; that was this morning. Whales have two brains, by the way. That way they can turn one off in order to sleep. Thank you, Derrick Williams.

We're pretty great.
This was when we were all pretty tired already but couldn't go to bed yet.

I rode up with Cary and Carla and I would like to say, they may be one of my favorite married couples ever. They're both still who they are yet make an excellent pair. I commend them for finding each other.

Another confession: I hate snow. This week we got a ridiculous amount of it and I officially took the stance that under no circumstances do I like it. It's cold. It's wet. It makes my car do weird things. It makes driving impossible. It is dangerous. And it's not even pretty because as soon as it hits the ground, it turns brown from dirt and exhaust. I was not seeing the beauty in Heavenly Father's creation. Well, this weekend I got schooled. Snow in the canyon is gorgeous! The sunshine helps, for sure, but it's all white and thick and makes the trees and mountains look so beautiful! I repent. I like snow in some places. Just not on the road between my house and my work.




3 comments:

  1. I'm thinking that actually is the last line of the song "You're A Grand Old Flag".

    ReplyDelete
  2. What pretty snow pictures! I love snow!

    Love,
    Your Alaskan Cousin

    ReplyDelete
  3. um, I thought Joey and I were your favorite married couple!

    ReplyDelete