Thursday, September 30, 2010

Brazofuerte

In the MTC, I was able to have two amazing teachers--Sarina Thomas and Dan Fey. They were both fabulous in their own way, but Hermana Thomas was just one of the most impressive people I have ever met. I want to be her. In the MTC, I wanted to be the kind of missionary she was, and now I just want to be the kind of woman she is. She had an incredible way of motivating us and making us feel valued and loved. She has an incredible testimony of the Gospel and of missionary work, and she is really, really good at sharing it. She's super talented, so fun, and an extremely positive influence in every way. I could probably go on all day about how great she is. Most of you don't know her, though, and you'd get real bored so I'll refrain from doing that.
Anyway, this summer, Hermana Thomas got married. The story of how she and her husband finally ended up together is impressive and quite complicated. It's pretty obvious that the Lord brought them together, though, which is not surprising since she's pretty tight with the Lord. Her husband's name is Christian Armstrong so now she's Sarina Armstrong (that's Brazofuerte, in Spanish, if you care). Jaime and I were able to go to her reception. She was beautiful, and the party was as beautiful and unique as she is.Photobucket

It had been rainy that day so after the reception, we came out to this beautiful, explosive sky! Sunset through the clouds.
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. This looks photo shopped. But I know it isn't because I don't think you know how to photo shop :) Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete