Sunday, April 28, 2019

Indiana Attorney General Event

One of the cool parts of my job is working with our sponsors on events. Honestly, I hate the planning part of the events (fortunately, I'm not in charge of most of it), but I always enjoy them the day of. This spring, one of our sponsors, Indiana Attorney General Curtis Hill, hosted a group of students for a Youth Prevention Summit at the statehouse to talk about prescription drug safety. I love any excuse to be at the statehouse - it's so gorgeous!




We had speakers, some activities, and a tour of the statehouse.




My favorite part was hearing from our State Superintendent of Instruction, Dr. Jennifer McCormick. She's a powerful speaker and a dedicated advocate for educators - I've been a fan for a while, so I was so excited to get to meet her and talk to her!


No comments:

Post a Comment