Sunday, September 23, 2018

Summer 2018 Randoms

Summertime sunsets in Indiana are just gorgeous - and we have a great view out our front door to catch them.



We've been working hard since February of 2017 to pay off all our debt. We started with about $22,000 and a few other things have come up, so we're working with a total of about $25,000. Now, about 18 months later, we've got just a few thousand left after we paid off my car. Such a great milestone! Only two more debts to go - a couple of small student loans.


One Sunday I said, "I want some really good chicken tenders." So Brandon looked up a recipe online and made chicken tenders. And they were amazing! I'm wishing I had some of these right now.


Beautiful afternoon at the temple


We visited Brandon's grandparents out at their friends Jeff and Candy's house where they have a stocked fishing pond - Brandon's favorite place to fish. And he's my favorite fisherman. <3 p="">

I started teaching seminary this fall and it has been tough - I'm not a morning person at all and we start at 5:55 am, so it's been a big adjustment. Added to that, I have to go to bed earlier than normal while Brandon is up late working on homework, so I don't get to spend as much time with him either. I can't say it's easy, but it's gotten better. Some days, though, it's just still tough. But one tough morning, I came down and found this quote on the door, left there the night before by Brandon. It was so thoughtful and of course made me cry first thing in the morning. He's been a great support for me.

"Perhaps none in that vast team deserve our awe and our appreciation more than early-morning seminary teachers. Dear friends, there is a throne in heaven for you! Year after year (decade after decade for some of you!) you prepare through the night, set the alarm for the morning, groan when it goes off, and then either drive somewhere in the dark or welcome into your living room a pajama-clad, uncombed, sleep-dazed cadre of students. What a holy work you do, and what a shield of faith you and your predecessors have given to now two-thirds of a century of early-morning seminary students. And never underestimate what those students are hearing and feeling, in spite of appearances. Bless you and bless them for one of the remarkable examples of devotion demonstrated in the Church."



No comments:

Post a Comment