Sunday, August 19, 2018

Girls Camp 2018

Even though I was in the Young Women Presidency in my ward, I was not tasked with spending the whole week at Girls Camp. I did get to go down and spend an afternoon and evening with the girls, though, and bonus - my parents, who were both helping out for the week.

The theme this year was Livin' the Dream - referring to Lehi's dream in 1st Nephi. It was Ward Night, so other ward YW presidencies and bishoprics were there. Our bishop and one of his counselors came down, along with their young daughters. We played games and had a quick fireside. 



Grandma came out for the afternoon, too, and got to see the Shoaf granddaughters that were there (Jesse's daughter Olivia pictured here).


I hadn't been back to Girls Camp since I was a youth myself. It's in a totally different place now, but it was fun to reminisce about my years there - so much fun! I was happy to be coming home to my air conditioned house and comfortable bed, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment