Sunday, April 22, 2018

My 32nd Birthday and Thanksgiving

For my birthday, I took the day off work. My mom treated me to a sushi lunch and some shopping. 


When I got home, Brandon had a few birthday gifts and surprises, then he and I went to see a movie (with plenty of movie theater popcorn) and had dinner at Texas Roadhouse. That, combined with lots of well-wishes from friends and family, made for a happy day.


Later in the week, Brandon and I met my parents and Tessa for dinner at The Cheesecake Factory. On Thanksgiving Day, when I was preparing pies, I pre-gamed with my leftover cheesecake.


Check out those beautiful pie crusts!!


On Thanksgiving Day, we went to Brandon's grandma's house to celebrate with his family. 



My parents went to my Grandma's. This was her last time hosting Thanksgiving, according to her own proclamation. My mom sent me this picture of her preparing mashed potatoes. So cute!


Tessa's kids were with their dad on Thanksgiving, so we all got together to celebrate at Tessa's house later in the week. The kids are always so thorough in preparing the table with decorations and name cards.



I'm thankful that we have such loving, supportive families on both sides. And I'm thankful we're near enough to have close relationships with most of them. They're the best!

1 comment: