Sunday, February 18, 2018

Goodbye St. Peter Street!

In February 2016, we packed up and moved from our first apartment. We found a bigger place for less money, so it was a no-brainer, but it was still emotional to leave. This was where we got engaged, where we came home to the night we got married, where we decorated and made a home together. So many firsts and exciting milestones happened here. It was sad to see such an important phase of our relationship pass, but I was not sad to leave behind the leaking dishwasher that no one could figure out how to fix.



The day we moved was crazy - it was cold and dreary and nothing seemed to be going well. We didn't have as much help as we'd hoped for, the truck we were planning to use fell through, no U-Hauls were to be had anywhere, and everything was taking longer than we had expected. It was exhausting and emotional, as moving usually is. When we'd finally gotten everything into the new apartment, I was preparing to sort through the chaos and feeling so overwhelmed and hungry, and our new neighbor, Sue, knocked on the door. I'd never met her before, but she had met Brandon the day before. Somehow she remembered my name from her conversation with Brandon the day before, and brought us dinner, complete with rice krispie treats because she knew we had a little boy. When she left, I just stood in my kitchen and cried because this woman responded to a divine prompting to show my family love and kindness right when we needed it. Through her kindness, I felt the love of . a Heavenly Father who also knows my name and knew I needed some extra love right at that moment. Sue was a godsend that day and has proven to be the most incredible neighbor. We love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment