Sunday, January 28, 2018

Valentine's Day 2017

Brandon had class on Valentine's Day, so we couldn't do much. I prepared a themed meal - his favorite - chicken parmesan and white chocolate-dipped strawberries.



He brought me my favorite flowers, tulips.


That weekend, we celebrated by heading to Chicago for a night. He got a great rate on a room at the Ritz-Carlton, thanks to his military discount, so we lived it up in our 5-star digs. I was excited to use my new overnight bag, which Brandon had gotten for me for Christmas.


On the way to Chicago, we stopped for lunch at Portillo's - my first time!








How cute is this Valentine?


It was unseasonably warm for February - my favorite kind of weather! The night we got there, we walked the waterfront, enjoying the gorgeous cotton candy sky.







Dinner was at Lou Malnati's - a restaurant famous for deep dish. It was a long wait, but it was SO good!



When we got back to the hotel, they had turned down the covers, set out the TV remote, and left us chocolates. Equal parts creepy and delightful.



The next morning, I got up early to watch the sun rise over the lake. We found a ward nearby to go to church (they were meeting temporarily in a school, which was kind of fun), and then headed home. It was a wonderful quick trip with my love.




No comments:

Post a Comment