Sunday, January 28, 2018

Post-Christmas Fun

The two weeks I get off for winter break are the best! I love that week in between Christmas and New Year's when there's time off and lots of family in town.

We spent some time at my parents' house and Jackson painted the new dinosaurs he got for Christmas.


It's also Brandon's birthday! His birthday is New Year's Day so this year it was a Sunday. On Friday night, we went to Olive Garden (his favorite), then Saturday we had a good breakfast, a skating party and games and food with my family, then church, cheesecake, and football on Sunday. He's my favorite thing to celebrate!




Since Micah and Dominika were in town, we also met for a girls' night at Repeal in downtown Indy. 


Adelina had been so grumpy and ornery the whole time they were in town - she didn't want anyone other than her parents, and it was so sad. I missed the sweet girl I'd gotten so close to! What we learned, though, was that she was so much nicer and accepting of others when her parents weren't around. So before they left town, Thomas brought her to our house and visited one evening without her parents. Thomas, Brandon, and I played games and Adelina and Jackson played on the couch. She was so sweet and it made it so much harder to say goodbye!





No comments:

Post a Comment