Tuesday, January 17, 2017

The In-Between

We got back from our honeymoon on June 7th, and my brother Jacob and his fiancee Alisha got married on the 11th, so we had a few days in between to relax. I had to go back to work for just one more day, and Brandon had to go back to drill for a few days that he'd missed for the wedding. I spent the next couple days enjoying my family that was in town. I'd really not been able to spend much time with them during wedding prep and then being on the honeymoon.

Dominika made us this beautiful quilt for the wedding. Her goal I guess had been to put it on our bed while we were gone as a surprise, but that didn't happen. It also sparked this chaos during the wedding reception when Brandon had given her a key to our apartment, then accidentally sent the other key home with his sister, then Dominika couldn't find the key he gave her, and we had no way to get back into our apartment. It all worked out in the end, and I really was oblivious to most of it, but it's a family story we'll come back to, I'm sure. Anyway, she finally gave us the quilt and it's our go-to nap blanket now!




Jackson played t-ball this spring. He was so cute out there in his hat and cleats and glove! T-ball is not a sport at all. It's adults telling kids to do things, and the kids entertaining themselves in other ways. Just so we're all clear on that.



The day of Jacob's wedding was their last game, so they had a trophy ceremony afterwards.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment