Sunday, October 23, 2016

Bachelorette Dinner and Wedding Rehearsal

One of the ways we simplified our wedding was cutting out a bridal party. It wasn't a hard decision to make for a few reasons, but it did mean sacrificing a few things - like a bachelorette party - because I had no maid of honor to throw me one! Fortunately, I do still have great people in my life. My roommate Rebecca wasn't going to be able to be at the wedding so she wanted to take me out for sushi anyway, and we invited our friend Johnnie to come with us and we did a little lingerie shopping afterwards to make it a party! 

Johnnie and me at Hino Oishi - our favorite sushi spot in Carmel.

We got married on a Friday and we had our rehearsal on the Wednesday before. Again, no wedding party makes for a pretty small rehearsal, but we went over the necessary logistics then went to Olive Garden afterwards. Even though our party was small, my parents were able to meet Brandon's mom and stepdad and Micah had just flown into town so she was able to be there, too!

Jackson was our ring bearer and we were honestly not sure how well he'd do, since he often gets shy in new situations or around new people. At first he was not interested in practicing at the rehearsal but he came out of his funk and did a great job practicing his part - and he did a great job at the wedding, too! Posing for pictures, though....not as cooperative. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment