Saturday, August 20, 2016

Spring in Winter

Our winter this year was much milder than it has been the past few years. Still cold at times, but not nearly as much snow. There were plenty of days of mild temperatures, and you know I was out there taking advantage in my running shoes. A (slightly) enhanced version of a sunset from my favorite spot - Highland Park.

One Saturday in February, I went up to Fishers to watch Tessa's two youngest kids and it was 70 degrees. In February! We went to the park and they played while I laid in the sun and read. Days like this make winter bearable.

Emerson made her second appearance in a school musical- this time a review of music through the decades. She performed as a beach dancer and was fabulous, of course. So proud of her theatrical talents!


At the beginning of March, I met Brandon's son, Jackson, for the first time. The first time we met was at Brandon's grandma's house and he wasn't too interested in me. The second time, we went to Great Times and played in the ball pit. He warmed up to me after a while, but we took it slow. It's been fun to watch Brandon with Jackson - he's such a fun, attentive dad. This photo is of Brandon climbing the side of the ball pit to the level that Jackson was at inside. We've been back since and you can no longer get to this backside, and I'm pretty sure it's because of Brandon. ;)

 Bedtime snuggles


See? How could you not love someone who leaves tulips on your desk?!

More scenes from running: the Big 10 tournament was in Indianapolis, and Monument Circle was ready.

Brandon's in the National Guard and he drills in Remington, Indiana one weekend each month. It's almost a two-hour drive, so he usually stays up there Saturday night instead of coming home and then driving back up early Sunday morning. Lafayette, Indiana is about halfway between Indy and Remington, so one weekend I surprised him by driving up and meeting him in Lafayette. We went to dinner then to a movie. The movie was terrible (we actually left early) but the popcorn was the best I have ever had. I still think about that popcorn.

One night while hanging out at Brandon's grandma's house, I wanted pizza. Bad. I was dieting at the time, but I had been craving pizza - just simple, cheesy, saucy pizza. Brandon convinced me to try Pizza Hut, insisting it had gotten better recently. OH.MY.GOSH. I don't know if it was just because I hadn't had pizza in a while, but it was an absolutely euphoric experience and I've been addicted ever since. Pizza Hut has a deal where you can get two or more medium one-topping pizzas (and a few other menu items) for 5 bucks each. We take advantage of this deal quite often. He gets pepperoni. I get cheese. We both have leftovers. It's perfectly delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment