Friday, August 19, 2016

January Birthdays

My roommate Rebecca's birthday is in early January and she and I share a love of sushi, so we went out for a sushi dinner for her birthday. I'm drooling just looking at this. They gave her a free dessert, so she chose a pineapple boat, which really was just a pineapple cut up with sword-shaped toothpicks inserted into each piece. It made it easy to share!

When we got home, we had the real dessert (that was why she chose the pineapple at the restaurant). Our roommate made a red velvet cake from scratch and it was BOMB.



During the after-dinner festivities, our resident surgeon (physician's assistant student) Carrie had to don her surgical gear to perform yet another hangnail surgery (she performed one on me previously) on our friend Johnnie. *Headlamp not optional.

Just a few days later, my sister Tessa turned 38 so I met her and her kids in Fishers for dinner at Puccini's, followed by The Flying Cupcake for dessert. I've loved living downtown and having more of my own place, but I've missed seeing her and her kids so often. Why can't we all just live together in one giant house?


No comments:

Post a Comment