Sunday, January 31, 2016

TFA Indy Gala

The Teach For America Indianapolis region had a fundraising gala in November, and they asked alumni to come as ambassadors - talking with potential donors about their experiences as corps members and the good that Teach For America is doing for kids in Indianapolis. I like fancy things, so I happily volunteered to participate.

A few of my current co-workers are also TFA alum, so I was able to talk with them a bit, and I was also able to meet other community members who care about education and about Indianapolis - two things very dear to my heart!

My favorite part of the evening was hearing the various stories of some of the current and former corps members who are doing great things in Indianapolis. I was impressed by the hard work, creativity, and dedication of those who shared their stories, and it was cool to see how alumni are affecting education in Indianapolis from a variety of angles. It was a beautiful event, and I was inspired to re-commit myself to working even harder to improve educational opportunities for all kids in Indianapolis!

No comments:

Post a Comment