Sunday, January 31, 2016

Gospel Application: Every Day Charge

Scripture study is like charging your cell phone - skip a day and you'll be sorry!

I charge my phone every night. I start with a full battery, but throughout the day I drain the battery through normal use. Some days, I can make it through the day just fine and connect when I get home. Other days when I use my phone more frequently, I have to plug it in at work or in the car to make it through the day. No matter what, I have to charge it over night or there's no way I'll be able to make it through the next day.

Similarly, I have to read my scriptures every day. Some days, I get through just fine on my regular one-time scripture study, but other days life is more draining, and I need an extra dose of spiritual juice to get me through. Either way, I have to have get into the scriptures at least once each day in order to have the spiritual strength to keep my covenants and live the gospel.

No comments:

Post a Comment