Friday, November 28, 2014

Angel Moroni

Working at the temple has been an answer to prayers in a variety of ways. It has shown me how much my Heavenly Father knows me and cares about me. I was able to be there the day they placed the Angel Moroni statue on top of the temple. There were a lot of tender mercies involved that allowed me the be there. Glen, the carpentry boss, said that he's never even seen a Moroni go up because it's usually up before his team gets there, but because of the harsh winter we had, the outside work was behind schedule. There's no way I would've been working at the temple, if it weren't for my brother working there and the opportunity I had to meet his boss in Nauvoo. I was also out of town for over a week, but they put him up the first day I was back in town. On top of that, I usually only work in the evening because I have to go to my regular job, but I was still on Fall Break, so I was able to come in that morning to be there. There were so many circumstances that were just right and allowed me the special privilege to be there close to the action. 

Isaac texted me the day before, asking if I'd be coming into work the next day. He suggested that I come in the morning, but couldn't disclose why. So I came in about 8:30, and I was worried I'd missed it because the cranes were already up. It didn't happen until later in the morning, though.

When they opened up the crate, I was able to go right up to it and see it close up. He wasn't quite as big as I thought he'd look. I absolutely took a selfie with the Angel Moroni, even though the sun was blinding me.


Our Granite Mill (the lumber company) team

My favorite part of working at the temple is working with Isaac. It's fun to have this in common with him.

They lifted Moroni up on a crane, then a lift with a couple of workers followed him to secure him into place. It was a thrill to be a part of it!




No comments:

Post a Comment