Saturday, May 17, 2014

Nalon's Baptism and Other Spring Stuff

Turkey will just have to be a project for another day. In the meantime, I've got some catch-up to do.

On April 12, 2014 Nalon was baptized a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He is such a sweet, faithful boy and I'm so grateful I was able to be there. He asked me to speak about baptism, so I taught him three acronyms I had found to help him remember his baptismal covenants: 1. Using a Kit Kat bar, the KAT represents the covenants we make at baptism. Keep his commandments, Always remember him, and Take his name upon us. 2. A CTR ring is commonly used to help us remember to Choose The Right, but it can also be used to help us remember to keep his Commandments, Take his name upon us, and always Remember him.

Almost everyone in our family was able to be there for Nalon's big day, including his cousin Emerson who was modeling a cute spring outfit.

Afterwards, Micah and I met Tessa at The Cheesecake Factory to celebrate Micah's 17th (!!!) birthday. Micah is an absolutely gorgeous, talented girl and I'm so glad she's my sister! I'm also really glad cheesecake exists.

One of my favorite things ever is having fresh flowers in the house. My not-so-secret dream is to have my husband bring me fresh flowers every few weeks so we always have some in the house. I don't need fancy displays; I'm talking cheap 5-dollar grocery store flowers, so I think it's a reasonable dream. Future husband, if you're reading, please take note. Spring is the best time for this because my favorites, tulips, come out to play!

In other news, I joined a bowling league with some friends from work. We've had games for the last six weeks and I have been exactly three times. Woops. I regretted my decision to join before I even played the first time. It's not that I don't enjoy bowling or spending time with friends, but committing every Wednesday night for 12 weeks in a row is a bit hard for me. And I'm terrible at bowling. I did buy bowling shoes, though, since it's cheaper than renting every week. At least I look official. And now my friend Amy and I match.

 A few weeks ago I made it to see Jonah, Emerson, Campbell, and Cooper play soccer. They play each week but it doesn't always work out for me to go. The day I went, Cooper was not interested in playing. He was staring into space a good chunk of the time. He did look adorable on that soccer-ball-made-chair, though. Apparently 9 is the lucky number in their league.

 Campbell and Emerson, on the other hand, are go-getter girls and they each scored goals.

After their games, we all sat and watched Jonah's game. Emerson found a four-leaf clover but it wasn't lucky enough to help Jonah's team win. :(

That day was so gorgeous. Spring is my favorite season because the good weather comes back, the colors in nature come back, flowers come back, happiness comes back. It's like the Earth wakes up and everything springs back to life. Plus, it means school is about to end which is the best thing ever. Our neighborhood was full of these blossoming trees, and I couldn't help but think of "Popcorn Popping" every time I saw them.

No comments:

Post a Comment