Saturday, May 17, 2014

Easter 2014

For Easter this year, we did a brunch before church which turned out deliciously. We had lots of yummy food, but the coffee cake that I made still gives me fond memories. And my mom made adorable egg salad crescents. She's so creative. 

 After we ate, the kids did an Easter egg hunt in the backyard.

 I love this family of mine!


I already professed my love for tulips, but I took this picture because I thought it was so interesting that these flowers and the ones I had before them moved toward the light all on their own. I put them in the vase and they were all facing outward in different directions, then by the next day they had all turned toward the window and seemed to be reaching for the light. Especially on Easter morning, I was touched by the symbolism they held for our own lives. Jesus Christ is the way, the truth, and the light, and it is only through Him that we can receive eternal life. Just as these flowers recognized their source of life (the sun) and turned toward it, we too must recognize our source of life (the Son) and turn toward Him and reach upward to where He is. When we do this, we'll find increased peace and happiness in this life and eternal joy in the life to come. I have felt in my own life that the times when I am focusing most on Christ are the times that I am most at peace. I know He lives and because He lives, we will live again and we can live in eternal happiness with our families.

No comments:

Post a Comment