Saturday, May 17, 2014

Indianapolis Motor Speedway

Today a friend and I went to watch some of the qualifying rounds for the Indy 500 which is next weekend. I've lived in Indiana most of my life, but I've never been to the 500 because it's always on Sunday. This year, though, it just hit me that I could still go see the cars beforehand. There weren't a lot of people, and only one car was running at a time, so it wasn't that exciting. But the cars are super loud and super fast and super cool, and I'm sure when there are more of them on the track and the stands are full of people, it's a much different experience. I really don't understand the appeal of racing at all; I can't imagine watching cars go in a circle for three hours and getting excited about it. Nevertheless, I'm proud to say I'm from the racing capital of the world! 

No comments:

Post a Comment