Saturday, October 19, 2013

Sara

Last night I reunited with one of my best friends Sara. Her last name is Bareilles. Maybe you've heard of her?
 
Crystal and I went to Bru Burger before with a couple of friends of hers. I had a veggie burger and in true fashion, I left the last bite of my sandwich. Why do I do this? I can't finish sandwiches. Ever. It was delicious, though. If you ever go there, you should try it. You have to pay extra for fries (what?!) so I didn't get any, but the burger was plenty filling on its own.

The show was at the Egyptian Room at Old National Centre downtown. It was a standing-only event which I'm not a fan of. I mean, come on. I'm almost 30 years-old. I paid 38 dollars for this ticket. I think I deserve to sit down without 16 year-olds jumping on my feet every few seconds. But whatever. Sara's worth it.

The venue's gorgeous. I love the ornamentation and details inside the rooms. I'd been there once before, I think, but lots and lots of years ago.

I have a love-hate relationship with these concerts. Sara is incredible. But seriously. She's so, so, so good. It's fun to go to a concert and know with confidence that I will love every single song that's played because I love every single song she's ever put out. At the same time, I always get serious talent envy. Singing has always been my dream, but unfortunately my instrumental talents haven't quite kept up with my vocal talents and I've never been able to write music very well. So singing is not my path. And that's ok. I've accepted it and I know there are a lot of really great blessings I've received that I couldn't have if I'd had a career in music. But every once in a while, when I see someone else living my dream and doing it so well, I get just a little bit of talent envy. But that probably took up 10% of the night. The other 90% was just pure enjoyment.
And as a side note, the lighting for both her and the opening act was incredible. So props to whoever was in charge of that.

1 comment:

  1. I hate standing concerts. I even hated them when I was the jumping 16 year old. It's really just uncomfortable to stand in a cramped area that long, and I'm always at a height disadvantage. Why don't other people get this?

    ReplyDelete