Thursday, August 1, 2013

And the Living is Easy

You know, with all my free time this summer you'd think I'd have plenty of time to blog. You'd think. Except I don't have that much free time! I've been busy all summer, but it's the good kind of busy. Like busy doing things that I like to do. If anyone asks me during the summer, I will tell you teaching is the best job ever. We'll see what my answer is here in a few weeks.

My friend Ron turned 27, or 26-2+3. We had dinner for him then played Pictionary, in which our team broke out into what appeared to be an unbeatable lead. But then we lost. So turns out it was beatable.

I went to see Dave Matthews Band in Cincinnati. I saw them several years in a row before my mission, but kept missing them for various reasons since then. So I was happy to get to go again after 8 years! They're still very impressive live, and I loved Cincinnati's tree-covered hills! I haven't been there in a long time.

We have three July birthdays - Campbell, Cooper, and Emerson. They were on vacation for the twins' birthdays, so when they got back we had a family dinner to celebrate all three of them. These two four year-olds crack me up. They are so much fun.


Indiana summer is wonderful and awful at the same time. I love the green, and the corn, and the lightning bugs (I've been in the west too long - I keep wanting to call them fireflies). But the heat and humidity is simply unbearable and it makes doing anything outside gross. Not this year! It's been gorgeous! I think we've only had one week (at least that I remember) in the 90s, and other than that it's been very mild and not too humid most of the time. I would be happy with this weather year-round. It made catching lightning bugs much more enjoyable.

During the week that we had hot temperatures, the kids and I busted out the sprinkler in the backyard.

They then used the water to turn their sidewalk chalk into paint, and Emerson painted the other kids' faces, including Emma, who stays with her grandparents next door.

When the twins took their nap, Emerson and I made cookies. She really did most of the work, and they turned out so well! I love play time with these guys.

And remember how Indiana is gorgeous in the summertime? Cornfields, soybean fields, rivers, trees, colorful sunsets...I love my Indiana home.

No comments:

Post a Comment