Sunday, September 23, 2012

When I was home this weekend, we started our Saturday with Nalon's first race. He ran in the Mill Race Fun Run. He was so excited and had been telling me about it since I got there Friday night. My parents said he also woke up talking about it on Saturday.
 
He was a proud number 1639.

He ran with the 1st and 2nd grade group. He started to get a little quiet and nervous when they all gathered around.

By the time he got close to the finish where we saw him, he was focused and determined and doing a great job! When he got close to us, I could tell he was looking for us. As soon as he heard us cheering and saw us on the side he grinned, then gritted his teeth and started running harder. He was so cute.

The race was half-mile, so I was impressed that he did so well! That's a long time to run for a little kid.


I'm so glad I'm close enough to be there for little things like this.

Also, my mom is the world's best grandma. But for real. She is.

After the race, we went over to the farmer's market and tried lots of treats, got a free neck massage, bought a few things, and enjoyed the gorgeous fall weather. Later that day my mom and I worked out together; I napped; Mom, Dad, Micah, Nalon, and I went to dinner; Mom, Micah, and I went shopping; and Mom, Micah, and I watched "Forever Strong." I'm tellin' ya - being home is the best.

1 comment:

  1. this is awesome that you get to be a part of so many family events! Love Nalon!!!!

    ReplyDelete