Saturday, April 21, 2012

Today I got up at 11:10 am. I bet none of you mothers could do that! (I have to find reasons not to be jealous of you, ok?)

I realize I haven't been blogging for a while and the truth is, it's because I don't want to. And also because the things I have to blog about (like my trips to Indiana and Mexico) require lots of pictures which are not yet in my possession. I'll do it someday. Just know this, both trips were fabulous and I wish every day I could go back to one or both of them.

One thing that has happened since I got home: Ingrid. (Ingrid Michaelson for those of you who aren't on a first name basis with her. I am. Don't worry.)

I still don't have a smart phone so the only picture that I have from the concert is this one:


I know. It's bad. Here's what she looks like in case you don't know:

She's a little bit quirky and a lot bit fabulous. At first glance, she actually seems pretty ordinary. Cute girl (who always wears glasses), cute songs, cute voice. But oh man. She is anything but ordinary. This is the second time I've seen her live and she has blown me away both times. She's funny and entertaining but she's also really, really good. Her voice is crystal clear and rock solid. She's better live than on a CD. I can't say enough about how great she is. If you don't know, find out. You won't be sorry.

The only bad thing about the concert? It was at In the Venue. I hate that place. It's one of those standing-room-only general admission places which means you have no personal space and you can barely see half the time. Is it too much to ask to just have a clear view of the performance without someone's hair in your face? I don't think so. I just don't.



3 comments:

  1. And you forgot that you feel like you're going to get R'd walking to and from your car at In the Venue. And I was afraid my car was going to be stolen. It's just a sketchy part of town!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry, now that finals are over I'll be sharing my pictures very soon, and then you'll have no more excuses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ummm you have no idea what i'd give to sleep until 11 am. Heck I'd give just as much to get an uninterrupted 8 hours. Don't be jealous friend :)

    And I can't wait to hear about your trips! I like to dream about fancy trips that now seem far off... when i do finally get to mexico though, it's gonna be GREAT

    ReplyDelete