Monday, January 23, 2012

"Your happiness will be in proportion to your charity..."
-George Albert Smith

I heard this quote at church yesterday and I've been thinking about it ever since. I know that service usually makes us happy, and we are happiest when we are with those that we love. But this quote summed it all up so simply. If we want an abundance of happiness, we have to feel an abundance of love for those around us, and if we want an abundance of love for those around us, we must serve them.

At church yesterday, we talked about serving others in a way that also makes us happy. For example, there was one story about an old man who came and "borrowed" a young mother's kids for a few hours so she could rest, but it really was enjoyable for him to have company and watch movies with the kids. This got me thinking about things I can do for others that make me happy as well. And, well, I can't think of many. What is something you do to help others that you actually enjoy doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment