Tuesday, January 10, 2012

This past summer, Jaime and I went on a temple tour of Utah. I blogged about it here, in case you missed it. Though we were able to hit I think ten or eleven temples that week, we didn't make it to the Provo temple or the Vernal temple. We did get to the Provo temple a couple of months later but I didn't take a picture. But here's a picture of the Provo temple without us in it:


The Provo temple was easy to hit because, well, we live in Provo. The Vernal one presented more of a problem though. It's three hours away, which would require nearly a full day to drive there, attend a session, and drive back. Plus...we kinda forgot about it for a while. But then we remembered.


So on December 20th, just two weeks before Jaime said sayonara, we made the day trip out to Vernal. We had pretty good weather, so the drive wasn't too bad. I thought maybe we'd find something cool to do once we got there, but it turns out there's not much to do in Vernal and as far as I can tell none of it's cool. So we just ate at Betty's Cafe, which was a disappointment, and went to the temple, then headed back home. I was still happy to spend the day with Jaime, though, doing something so uplifting and accomplishing a goal all at the same time!

No comments:

Post a Comment