Friday, January 6, 2012

Ok, fine. I guess I better catch up.

I really enjoyed the Christmas season this year. Not that I don't enjoy it every year. This year I just felt like I really got enough out of it so I wasn't disappointed or shocked when it was over. I really think it was because I wasn't in school. End of the semester projects and finals just suck the joy right out of December. I didn't miss those at all. (In related news, I got an email today saying they'll be sending me my diploma next week. Heck. Yes.)

The Sunday before Christmas our ward put on a beautiful Christmas program with really beatiful music and spiritual narration. I was actually really impressed. I sang a solo and my roommates and I (plus Angela) sang a group number. Our other friend Hailey played the piano for us, so she, Angela, and their roommate Whitney came to our ward that day. Afterwards, we had a little Christmas brunch.

The frost stayed for several hours that morning. The trees were gorgeous! The birds were also out in abundance. This scene is out my window, across the street from our house. All those black dots are birds. Insane.

Whitney and Aubrey with our spread.

The next night we all went to Salt Lake to see the Christmas lights. Not my idea. I prefer to look at lights while being warm. We ate at Happy Sumo beforehand, though. Definitely my idea. I really wanted Jaime to try it before she left.



Her first bite. She loved it! We managed to get Hailey and Whitney to try it, too, though they were definitely more reluctant. Hailey fell in love immediately with the Vegas roll. Whitney said it made her want to throw up. I think she's lying.

Aubrey and Whitney Ehlers had some stuff to do at home so they headed home and the rest of us went over to the lights. They were beautiful and it really wasn't as cold as it could have been.


1 comment: