Wednesday, December 14, 2011

One of the three jobs I've had this semester has been working as an ESL teacher for Provo School adult ESL program. I taught the level 5 students, who have a pretty good understanding of English but need to work on mechanics and vocabulary. At the beginning of the semester we had about 15 students but through the course of the semester that number went down to about 6, which dropped to 5, then 4, until for the last few weeks I was left with my most stalwart 3 students: EunJung, from Korea, Alejandra, from Mexico, and Manuel, from Mexico. I had so much fun teaching them and I really grew to consider them my friends. It's been a privilege to get to know them and help them on their English-learning journey. We had the semester graduation on Wednesday and I was happy to award each of them with certificates of completion, as well as a few other awards. I'll definitely miss them next semester!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you got that tamale recipe before you let them all run away.

    ReplyDelete