Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Subbing

Lately I've been doing some substitute teaching in the local school districts, since I'll be leaving in May and it's hard to get someone to hire you for only a few months. Temp work, it is. Besides, I thought, it'll be good to get some experience inside the classroom before I have my own.

What has actually happened is that almost daily I'm asking myself what the heck I got myself into.

Here's to hoping it'll be better when I'm actually in charge of the class, not just the one who the kids walk all over.

1 comment:

  1. London had a sub this year who sat at the teacher's desk the whole day with his eyes closed. Never did a thing. Let two 3rd grade "mean girls" run the class. They were even handing out punishments to the class and he let it happen.
    Zach (6th grade)had one who talked about guns and shooting people.
    Neither one is allowed back in the school. These are the kinds of subs my kids are exposed to. Want to come sub here? We could use an intelligent substitute teacher.

    ReplyDelete