Tuesday, January 31, 2012

I'm having an experience right now, right at this very moment, that is inexplicable to me. I'm usually pretty in touch with my feelings. In fact, my feelings are usually the only thing I'm in touch with. But I'm having a hard time understanding them right now.

Today I bought Ingrid Michaelson's new album "Human Again." If you haven't bought it yet, do it right now. As I'm listening through for the first time, I can feel an actual pressure in my chest. You know that feeling when you're so happy you feel like your chest could literally burst? It's like that. Only, it's not that I'm just super happy. It's like this music has reached into my soul and pulled something out that has already been there. I know this sounds weird, but I really feel like I've heard it before and it feels...like home. Like because this music exists, I know that I'm ok and that who I am is exactly who I should be.

I haven't even had the chance to listen to the lyrics in detail yet. Just the music itself resonates with me. Again. I know this is crazy. This isn't spiritual music by any means, yet I feel like it was somehow inspired to make me feel as happy and comfortable as I do right now.

Music is incredible. So is Ingrid Michaelson.

1 comment: