Monday, November 21, 2011

Lessons from Flag Football

This fall was my third year playing intramural flag football.

Things I've learned:
1. I hate playing offense.
2. I love playing defense.
3. I'm better at reading a quarterback than I am at reading a rusher.
4. Pulling flags in the freezing cold is significantly harder than in warmer weather.
5. Jamming your finger when it's cold makes the pain last a lot longer.
6. It is impossible for me to pull a flag without falling.
7. Any time I get a rare run, the ref will always take it away because of flag-guarding.
8. Turf burns hurt like no other.
9. Turf never comes out of your shoes completely.
10. There's no greater feeling than stopping a girl dead in her tracks.

We're still in the tournament, though I don't get to play in many games these days because they usually conflict with work. Here's to a championship!


1 comment:

  1. Wonder if they have that up my way? I've played dodgeball for nearly 4 years and I think this looks like a fun change of pace.

    ReplyDelete