Friday, May 13, 2011

still breathing

My life for the last two weeks has been insane. That's why I haven't posted. And why I'm not really posting right now. I left a social activity about an hour ago since I have to be up at about 6 tomorrow morning and I'm sitting on my computer blogging. Oops.

Anyway, my biggest news (and the biggest source of the craziness) is that I got a job at the MTC! I'm teaching international missionaries learning English. It's fabulous, of course, because it's the MTC. It is also, however, super time-consuming, mentally and spiritually draining, and very challenging. But those are generally qualities that make something great. And the MTC is definitely great.

I'm taking two Spanish classes right now and to say I've checked out is an understatement. I had a test in one of my classes this morning and I sat there before class started looking around and listening to all my classmates cramming and stressing out about the test and I thought to myself, "How blissful it is to really not care how I do on this test." It's delightful, really. I put in the time I have (which is not much, these days) and hope it's enough to pass these classes. That's really all I'm interested in anyway. Mediocrity feels good.

Shoot. My roommates just got home and I'm supposed to be in bed. Good night!

1 comment:

  1. How's the MTC going?
    Thanks for my hand weights by the way. They're perfect!

    ReplyDelete