Saturday, March 5, 2011

and the omni goes to...

Just call this the Oscars: Part two. Except better.

Monday, February 28th, 2011, The BYU 219th ward (otherwise known as The Omni) held their 1st (what I assume to be) annual Omni Awards. Each FHE (that's short for Family Home Evening. Visit this site to find out more about FHE) group created a short video and then we gathered for an Academy-Awards-worthy gala.

Aubrey, Aubrey, DeeAura, Whitney, Angela, and me all looking very red-carpet fabulous.


The stars of our action movie: Cheston's Angels


I told Mitch he had to pose with me so it looked like I came to the awards with a date. I didn't. No one did. But I like to pretend like I could have a date if I really tried.


Angela copied me. Copycat.


Biebs was my real date to the Omnis. It was hard to keep the cameras off of us.




Derrick was our host and I really think he had at least 10 different outfits.

I got to present one of the awards but I obviously couldn't take a picture of myself so you'll just have to imagine me being strikingly beautiful and incredibly funny. Our video (which I wasn't even in, btw. Don't judge) didn't win Best Picture. But it did win Best Action Film. And our very lovely Aubrey Morrill won Best Actress. And Mark Hartje won Best Actor. We're so Hollywood.

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate that my g-s were in that first picture. Loud and proud. Pretty sure that's not how I'm supposed to wear them.

    ReplyDelete