Friday, February 25, 2011

yes, yes it is

I ask you friends, is not this a miracle?

I submit that it is.

Yesterday morning, I woke up feeling sick. I didn't go to school or work. It was fabulous. Except that I had to host a dessert night I had volunteered for over a month ago for my ward then prep for cleaning checks this morning. Bad timing. Fortunately, I have some pretty fab friends who helped me get ready for the dessert night, didn't judge me when I spent half the night lying on my bed instead of talking to people, and then helped me clean my room and bathroom.

Yesterday, it was just achiness and fatigue. Then last night the nose started plugging up. Today it's a full-fledged stuffy nose accompanied by a pretty powerful gut-rattling cough. Believe it or not, my purpose in writing this is not to elicit your sympathy. (It's ok if you feel bad for me, though. As long as that sympathy turns into food and gifts.)

My real purpose in writing this post is to tell the world how much I love Puffs tissues. I've been a long-time fan of Puffs Plus Lotion. They're so soft and actually moisturize your nose instead of extracting as many skin cells as possible every time you blow. No, these tissues are kind. And gentle. Very Christ-like.

After work today (I left early. Booyah.) I went over to the kleenez aisle (yes, I say kleenexes instead of tissues a good 98 percent of the time) to grab some of my trusty Puffs Plus Lotion. Except wait, now they come with VICKS in them! I knew it'd be a great match from the start.

Tonight my friend Jaime was also very impressed with my purchase and suggested I sleep with one of the tissues (aah! It's so hard to say that!) draped over my face so as to breathe in the clarifying VICKS rub with every dreamful breath. I laughed at her then objected that they smell awful.

She's gone now. And for the last half an hour I have been checking facebook while holding a kleenex up to my nose, simply breathing the thearapeutic vapors in and out. I would probably be doing it right now except that typing requires two hands.

Not only is Jaime extremely helpful and kind, she's also a genius. She better watch out, though; these kleenexes, I mean tissues, may be threatening her best friend status.

3 comments:

  1. ooh i have just come down with a cold as well... but picturing you sucking vapor in just made me picture a steam room and wish I could rig one to emit vicks vapor rub vapor. Oh that would be glorious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could connect a rubberband to put around your head for a hands free option. You're welcome. (VoNique on Jared's computer. Vo's crashed :( )

    ReplyDelete